Tuesday 8 June 2010

Lotus Mobile Connect 6.1.4 on 64-bit Ubuntu

Whilst trying to install and use Lotus Mobile Connect 6.1.4 on a 64-bit installation of Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, I was seeing the following message: -

bash: opt/ibm/MobilityClient/bin/wclient: No such file or directory

when I attempted to execute the client: -

/opt/ibm/MobilityClient/bin/wclient

After checking the obvious ( checking for the X file permission and changing using chmod etc. ), it struck me that I was trying to execute a 32-bit binary on a 64-bit kernel.

This requires a 32-bit layer ( ia32-libs ) to be installed: -

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Once I did this, I tried to execute the LMC GUI: -

/opt/ibm/MobilityClient/bin/wcguicfg

which failed with: -

/opt/ibm/MobilityClient/bin/wcguicfg: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks to this posting, I was able to resolve the problem by installing the 64-bit version of libstdc++ from here, and then pulling down the ia32-libs from here: -

wget http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/i/ia32-libs/ia32-libs_2.7ubuntu6.1_amd64.deb

Now to reboot and test ...

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...