Wednesday 11 April 2012

Making sense of GSKKM_ERR_ASN

Problem

$ ./gsk7capicmd -cert -add -file /tmp/www.uk.ibm.com.cer -db /opt/IBM/HTTPServer/ssl/key.kdb -pw passw0rd -label www.wcm.uk.ibm.com

Gives this: -

Error: 2

Please refer to the GSKCapiCmd User's Guide
for the meaning of the error.

Error id: GSKKM_ERR_ASN
Details: www.wcm.uk.ibm.com

./gsk7cmd -cert -add -file /tmp/www.uk.ibm.com.cer -db /opt/IBM/HTTPServer/ssl/key.kdb -pw passw0rd -label www.wcm.uk.ibm.com

Gives this: -

The public key of 'www.wcm.uk.ibm.com' is the same as the key of 'wcm_vip_2' in the target keystore.

The key cannot be added unless the duplicate key is removed from the keystore.

Solution

Remove the duplicate key - wcm_vip_2

So this is a good example of when the slower, Java-based gsk7cmd beats the quicker, C-based gsk7capicmd hands down :-)



2 comments:

n00pur said...

I have created a new .kdb ; I still am unable to import.

Dave Hay said...

@n00pur - thanks for the comment. Without more detail, I'm not sure how I can help, regards, Dave

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...