Thursday 24 January 2013

Performance tuning considerations when IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) is running in a virtual machine

One of my colleagues, Mike, blogged this earlier today, and I thought it worth re-sharing as it's relevant to IBM BPM *and* any other WAS-based workload running on VMware, or similar.


Problem(Abstract)

Running IBM Business Process Manager in a virtual machine is supported. However, there are some additional considerations when running servers in a virtual machine (VM) environment.

Resolving the problem

When you are running a Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) application in a virtual machine (VM) there are additional considerations. These considerations are performance-related changes.

Enjoy !

PS I've blogged about VMware and WAS before, specifically this post: -


No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...