Saturday 12 January 2013

WebSphere Message Broker 8.0.1 - I'm on a roll ....

As you can probably tell, I'm currently getting stuck into WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Message Broker, so I'm back up on the learning curve.

Following earlier posts: -




I "discovered" one more important fact about WMB on Linux.

In order to use it, at least from the command-line, it's necessary to set up the shell environment using a script.

This is similar to what one has to do for DB2 e.g.: -

$ source /home/db2inst1/sqllib/db2profile

In the case of WMB, it's a different command.

So here's the symptom: -

$ /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsilist 

/opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsilist: error while loading shared libraries: libImbCmdLib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsistop.bin 

/opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsistop.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libImbCmdLib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

etc.

and here's the solution: -

source /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsiprofile 

MQSI 8.0.0.1
/opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1


$ /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsilist

BIP1284I: Broker 'DaveHay' on queue manager 'DaveHay101' is running. 
BIP1284I: Broker 'MB8BROKER' on queue manager 'MB8QMGR' is running. 
BIP8071I: Successful command completion.

$ /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsistop.bin DaveHay

BIP8071I: Successful command completion. 

$ /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsistop.bin MB8BROKER

BIP8071I: Successful command completion. 

Simple :-)

PS Instead of using the command source, I could have chosen to run: -

. /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/bin/mqsiprofile 

It does the same thing - execute the target script, and add it's environment to that of the current shell.

Next step is to add this to my user's start script ….

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...