Wednesday 4 February 2015

IBM Integration Bus - Adding the IBM Integration Feature to WebSphere Application Server (WAS)

One of my colleagues asked about adding the IBM Integration Feature to WebSphere Application Server (WAS). This provides one with the capability to view/manage IBM Integration Bus (IIB) resources from within the WAS Integrated Solutions Console: -

Installing IBM Integration Administration for WebSphere Application Server

He was trying to locate the installation media for the Feature.

I was pleased to advise that .... the IBM Installation Manager (IIM) repository for the IBM Integration Feature is ….. already on the IIB box :-)

 Specifically, there is a file located here: -

ls /opt/ibm/mqsi/9.0.0.2/tools

ibm-dfdl-java.zip         proxyservlet.war          wmb.admin.repository.zip  wmb.admin.zos.tar

 validated this as follows: -

mkdir /tmp/snafu
unzip /opt/ibm/mqsi/9.0.0.2/tools/wmb.admin.repository.zip -d /tmp/snafu
/opt/ibm/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools/imcl listAvailablePackages -repositories /tmp/snafu/repository.xml


com.ibm.wmb.extension.wasv7_9.0.0.20130703_1409
com.ibm.wmb.extension.wasv8_9.0.0.20130703_1409
com.ibm.wmb.extension.wasv85_9.0.0.20130703_1409


I believe we'd require the third package, which would be installed using an IIM command or response file.

When time allows, I'll create a response file to automate this process …..

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...