Monday 10 August 2015

Looking for my Tail using Windows

Now those who know me know that I'm a *Nix g33k, having used the OS since the late 1990s ( BSD, then QShell and PASE on iSeries, then AIX, then GNU Linux, then more AIX, then Mac OS X ).

So give me a Windows box and I'm confused :-(

I was looking for an equivalent to tail on Windows, without needing to download 3rd party tools such as WinTail or BareTail.

Thankfully t'internet had the answer ....


which led me to this: -

Get-Content -Path "C:\scripts\test.txt" -Wait

which does the job ( once one starts a PowerShell terminal )

For me, I'm doing this: -

cd C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\server1
Get-Content -Path .\SystemOut.log -Wait

Nice :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...