Thursday 7 December 2017

Windows Server 2012 - Ooops, I locked my account

One of my colleagues had a bad day with a shared Windows Server 2012 R2 environment, in that he locked out the main account that we use to access the box, via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).

This is NOT an Active Directory environment, so there's no domain controller in the mix; these are merely local accounts.

Thankfully, I had another account that WASN'T locked out, so I RDP'd into the box using that account and used the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel ( aka netplwiz ), which did the trick: -


and: -


The "Account is locked out" checkbox WAS checked, it's checked no longer :-)

Thanks to the internet for the assist: -



No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...