Monday 14 February 2011

WASX7015E seen when using WSAdmin to work with Lotus Connections 3.0 configuration

I had a major "Doh!" moment earlier this afternoon, whilst helping a friend resolve an issue with the Homepage service.

He was trying to check out and change the Homepage configuration using the following commands / scripts: -

( From the Deployment Manager node )

cd /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01/bin
./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -port 8879
wsadmin>execfile("homepageAdmin.py")
wsadmin>HomepageCellConfig.checkOutGettingstartedConfig("/tmp","lc13Cell01")

but the first wsadmin command was failing with: -

No Homepage services found
HomePage Configuration Environment initialized

which meant that the second command then failed with: -

WASX7015E: Exception running command: "HomepageCellConfig.checkOutGettingstartedConfig("/tmp","lc13Cell01")"; exception information:
com.ibm.bsf.BSFException: exception from Jython:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: checkOutGettingstartedConfig

I'd correctly identified that the first response - No Homepage services found - was a key symptom, but it took me a while longer to realize why :-)

So, I spun up my LC30  VMware image, which thankfully was merely suspended, and tried the same commands - with the same response.

Then I realized that (a) my node agent was stopped and (b) the Profiles and Homepage clusters were NOT started.

So, thinking that this was the root cause, I started the node agent using the command: -

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/bin/startNode.sh

and started the two clusters ( Profiles is a dependancy for security to work, and I knew that I'd need Homepage running ).

Having done this, I re-tried the same commands as my pal: -

cd /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01/bin
./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -port 8879
wsadmin>execfile("homepageAdmin.py")
wsadmin>HomepageCellConfig.checkOutGettingstartedConfig("/tmp","lc13Cell01")

but failed at the self same first hurdle: -

No Homepage services found
HomePage Configuration Environment initialized

A quick Google for the error message ID - WASX7015E - threw up this Technote: -

WASX7015E error when running AdminTask command from wsadmin CLI

which, whilst for a COMPLETELY different product, contained the key phrase: -

...
This error is most likely caused by not logging into the wsadmin environment with a valid user. When you get authenticated, you still end up in the wsadmin shell. But you should see error messages that indicate that AdminTask will not be available, like in the screenshot below. Make sure you log into the wsadmin shell using a proper userid and password and AdminTask commands will be able to be executed.
...

At this point, I slapped my forehead, and said "Doh!" in an extremely loud voice.

Looking back through my commands, I realized that I'd NOT authenticated when I ran up the wsadmin shell.

I re-did the commmands BUT with authentication: -

./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -user lcadmin -password passw0rd
WASX7209I: Connected to process "dmgr" on node lc30CellManager01 using SOAP connector;  The type of process is: DeploymentManager
WASX7031I: For help, enter: "print Help.help()"

wsadmin>execfile("homepageAdmin.py")
Connecting to WebSphere:name=HomepageAdminService,type=LotusConnections,cell=lc30Cell01,node=lc30Node01,process=homepageCluster_server1
HomePage Administration initialized

wsadmin>HomepageCellConfig.checkOutGettingstartedConfig("/tmp","lc30Cell01")
Homepage Getting Started page configuration file successfully checked out

wsadmin>HomepageCellConfig.checkInGettingstartedConfig("/tmp","lc30Cell01")
Loading schema file for validation: /tmp/gettingstarted-config.xsd
/tmp/gettingstarted-config.xml is valid
Homepage Getting Started page configuration file successfully checked in

and we're in like Flynn.

Job is, as they say, a good 'un.

PS I also note that, in LC30, it no longer appears to be necessary to run synchAllNodes(). This is a change over LC25.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...