Sunday, 22 May 2011
- Audio Hijaak Pro to record the MP3 - I already had the audio, but this is useful information for the future, especially as Stuart uses this to record TWiL from a multi-person Skype chat
- Levelator to level off the voices - my voice was recorded in a different room to those of the interviewees, meaning that the levels were a bit different
- Audacity to handle the import and export from one format to another
- GarageBand to handle the actual editing
- iTunes as the interface from GarageBand
- Use Audacity to convert the MP3 file into the AIFF format - this is what GarageBand (GB) appeared to like - it didn't want to import the MP3 :-(
- Drag/drop the MP3 into GB
- Add a new recording track onto which I recorded me introducing the podcast, asking the questions and closing the podcast, with thanks
- Copy/paste the interviewees' answers into my new track
- Export the podcast to iTunes
- Use Audacity to convert the iTunes M4A format to MP3
- Use Levelator to smooth out the bumps between me and the interviewees
- Upload the file to IBM Connections and LotusLive for sharing
- It'd be nice to be able to label individual bits of the tracks e.g. "Dave's introduction", "Jon's response to question 1" etc.
- It'd also have been nice to have the individual pieces automatically adjust the timeline when dragging a new piece on - I was hoping that the snippets of audio would shuffle themselves about on the timeline rather than me having to manually move things back and forth
Thanks to Stuart and Bruce Elgort for their advice, guidance and encouragement
Thursday, 19 May 2011
The same pages render perfectly using IE8.
This relates to the way in which IE applies the doctype to the iFramed content; IE8 used the doctype of the iFrame content itself, whereas IE9 uses the doctype of the parent frame.
The solution / circumvention is to add an http-equiv to force IE9 to render as IE8 as a workaround.
Again, this isn't something that I've yet experienced first hand, but I'm hoping that this may help my project, where we're using various versions of IE.
As ever, thanks to James for this ...
Wednesday, 18 May 2011
| Hay, Dave \(IBM\) |
From: "Hay, Dave \(IBM\)" <Dave.Hay@rbs.co.uk>
To: Dave Hay/UK/IBM@IBMGB,
Default custom expiration date: 17/05/2012
[wplc-add-property] Instance attributes (Set 1 of 1):
[wplc-add-property] attribute=[ *** NONE_SPECIFIED *** ]
[wplc-add-property] customproperty=[ *** NONE_SPECIFIED *** ]
[wplc-add-property] ignoreDuplicateIDs= *** NOT_SPECIFIED ***
[wplc-add-property] trimSpaces= *** NOT_SPECIFIED ***
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:47:18.613 BST] Looking up EJB: corbaloc:iiop:dm.uk.ibm.com.net:9809...
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:47:18.718 BST] security.LoadSCI
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:47:18.724 BST] security.GettingConfig
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:47:18.725 BST] security.AuthTarget
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:47:18.748 BST] Client code attempting to load security configuration
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:47:18.757 BST] security.ClientCSI
[wplc-add-property] Realm/Cell Name: CollaborationWorkBench
[wplc-add-property] User Identity:
[wplc-add-property] User Password:
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.711 BST] EJB ejb/com/ibm/websphere/wim/ejb/WIMServiceHome is found.
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.720 BST] Retrieving model schema...
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.762 BST] Model schema returned.
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.763 BST] Registering model schema...
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.797 BST] Model schema registered.
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.900 BST] Retrieving model schema...
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.939 BST] Model schema returned.
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.940 BST] Registering model schema...
[wplc-add-property] [05/18/11 07:48:12.962 BST] Model schema registered.
[wplc-add-property] Status = Complete
Sunday, 15 May 2011
- Mew mobile/multi channel builders
- New CMIS (Microsoft Sharepoint and IBM Filenet) and IWCM builders for effective content integration
- Leveraging latest and greatest including Web 2.0, Dojo, HTML5 and Offline Storage
- Many new improvements making it faster and easier to develop
- New samples making it quick and easy to learn
Wednesday, 11 May 2011
I love Firefox, and haven't really been drawn to the dark side of Chrome and Safari, but why does it sometimes cause my Mac's fan to race ?
Sunday, 8 May 2011
Morning All I upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 on Tuesday 3rd May, but didn't get much opportunity to do anything significant with the machine ( 4061-BL5 Lenovo Thinkpad W500 ) until this weekend. The first observation is that Lotus Notes 8.5.2 started to play up post-upgrade. The client would start up normally, but I wasn't able to preview or open any emails, or access the Replication page. In all cases, the page/tab title would appear in the tab view along the top of the client, but the contents wouldn't appear. When I first hit this problem, I applied the 8.5.2 fixpack ( lotus_notes852FP2_linuxUb.tar ) but to no avail. The problem persisted through reboots, both cold and warm.
I then removed 8.5.2 and installed 8.5.3 CD4 ( notes853standard_linux_cd4_prod_deb.tar ), but saw exactly the same problem. Thankfully, a quick bit of Googling later, and I'd found this: -
http://usablesoftware.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/lotus-notes-8-5-2-fp2-in-ubuntu-11-04-natty-narwhal-64bit-beta-1/ and followed one of the forum responses off to this bug on Launchpad: -
libgtk2 2.24.0 break Lotus Notes user interface
which directs one to download, compile and use patched "shared object wrapper" I did need to install the libgtk2 header files: - $ sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev and also ensure that the downloaded Makefile was correctly formatted - I'd copied/pasted it from the site, and used vi to create it, meaning that I'd forgotten to add in the leading tabs: - all:
[TAB]gcc -Wall -Wextra `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`-shared libnotesgtkfix.c -o libnotesgtkfix.so -ldl
[TAB]rm -f libnotesgtkfix.so
Having done this, I copied the newly created module ( libnotesgtkfix.so ) and the wrapper script ( notes-wrapper.sh ) to the /opt/ibm/lotus/notes directory, and then use the wrapper script to start Notes. Job done.
The power of the community ...
Kudos to Soren Holm for writing this patch so quickly ...
Friday, 6 May 2011
#LotusKnows ... that you should attend the IBM European Tivoli Technical Conference 2011 - 6-10 June 2011 - Prague
Top Reasons to Attend: The agenda will feature hundreds of sessions of deep technical training and strategic insight:
- 190 sessions with over 70 hands-on sessions; certification available
- Product roadmap and the latest product announcements
- The best in technical education – a year's worth in a week
- Access to visionary and technical leadership
- Access to Industry thought leader sessions
- View the latest Business Partner solutions
- Opportunity to network with peers in their industry
- Spend time with IBM executives and staff to evaluate solutions
- Tivoli Service Delivery & Process Automation
- Tivoli Asset Management/Maximo
- Tivoli Service Availability & Performance Management
- Tivoli Network Service Assurance
- Tivoli Storage Management
- Tivoli Security, Risk and Compliance Management
Find out more on:
Looking forward to meeting you in Prague!
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
Monday, 2 May 2011
This is totally cribbed from here -> Debugging DNS Resolution Create dnsutils.yaml file cat << EOF > ~/dnsutils.yaml apiVersion...
I've just spent ~1 hour trying to get a pair of Powerline adapters to .... pair. This involved pressing a "Pair" button on one...
So this is a fresh installation of Oracle 12c ( 18.104.22.168.0 ) on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 box. All has gone well ….. until now …. When ...
Following on from an older post: - IBM BPM 8.5.5 - Process Center to Process Server - and vice versa - beware of the quotes if I ever see: -...