Tuesday 19 August 2008

Domino Web Access ( aka iNotes ), Sametime Standard and Firefox together

I set up a combined Domino/Sametime demo today, and was wondering why IM/PA did not work within Firefox when it worked perfectly in Internet Explorer. Thanks to my friends at IBM, I found the answer here: -

Enable the Domino Web Access Contact List client for Mozilla Firefox

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/domhelp/v8r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.help.domino.admin.doc/DOC/H_SETTING_UP_SAMETIME_FOE_INOTES_WEB_ACCESS_OVER.html

Simply put, I needed to add the line: -

iNotes_WA_DisableFirefoxAwareness=0

to NOTES.INI and restart the Domino server.

Once done, all works like a dream.

Nice :-)

PS Am using Domino 8.0.1, Sametime 8.0 and Notes 8.0.1 on WinXP

1 comment:

Patpicos said...

I had the same issue. Would have been nice to have that enabled by default. Sometimes I dont know what IBM is thinking.

To setup Sametime, I had to use countless technotes to set everything up!

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...