Friday, 29 January 2016

DB2 ate my database, well, actually it was the disk monster

I saw this today: -

[29/01/16 18:51:34:031 GMT] 00000001 WSRdbDataSour I   DSRA8208I: JDBC driver type  : 4
[29/01/16 18:51:34:047 GMT] 00000001 FfdcProvider  W logIncident FFDC1003I: FFDC Incident emitted on C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\ffdc\server1_b282bac_16.01.29_18.51.34.0471036725969790999288.txt 102
[29/01/16 18:51:34:047 GMT] 00000001 WsServerImpl  E   WSVR0009E: Error occurred during startup Failed to query the BPM version from database [jdbc/PerformanceDB]. Please check the ffdc log for detail information. 
For fresh installation scenario, please run the database initialization scripts under the corresponding database schema first; for upgrade or migration scenario, please upgrade your database to match with current product version first.

during the startup of a standalone IBM BPM Advanced 8.5.6 environment.

I'd just built the environment, as part of a setup of an IBM Integration Designer (IID) development environment.

Thankfully it didn't take me long to work out what had gone wrong ….

During the build of the DB2 databases, my Windows VM had run out of disk space; apparently 40 GB isn't enough :-) Mind you, I've also got IBM Operational Decision Manager installed, as I've been learning how to write Hello World, the ODM Rule ( that's another post for another day ).

Once I increased disk space ( thanks, VMware Fusion ) to 60 GB, and restarted Windows, I dropped the PDWDB database: -

db2 drop db PDWDB

and then recreated it: -

cd c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\dbscripts\ProcessServer\DB2\PDWDB
db2 connect to pdwdb
db2 -tvf createSchema_Advanced.sql
db2 terminate

I then restarted the Deployment Environment: -

"c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\bin\BPMConfig.bat" -start -de ProcessServer -profileName AppSrv01

and we're all good now.

Right, time to test Hello World, the SCA Module :-)

No comments:

TIL - read-only variables in Linux

 A co-worker was seeing an exception: -  line 8: TMOUT: readonly variable when trying to SCP a file from a remote Linux box. I did some digg...