Thursday 8 August 2019

Down the rabbit hole with Docker and Kubernetes security

One of the many many fine podcasts to which I listen is The Kubernetes Podcast from Google.

A recent episode, Attacking and Defending Kubernetes, with Ian Coldwater, covered a lot of ground with regard to Docker/Kubernetes security, and led me to Ian's co-presentation from this year's BlackHat conference in Vegas: -

The Path Less Traveled: Abusing Kubernetes Defaults

Kubernetes is a container orchestration framework that is increasingly widely used in enterprise and elsewhere. While the industry is starting to pay some attention to Kubernetes security, there are many attack paths that aren’t well-documented, and are rarely discussed. This lack of information can make your clusters vulnerable.

as well as this: -

Understanding Docker container escapes

Definitely LOTS about which to think .....

PSA The podcast also mentioned some things upon which I'm working .... 😀

IBM and Red Hat:

OpenShift on IBM Cloud
OpenShift coming to Z Series and LinuxONE
Cloud Paks and services

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...