Friday 13 September 2019

Yay, we have a new mainframe with which to play .... IBM z15

Sharing an article from Patrick Moorhead, hosted at Forbes: -

IBM Galvanizes Its Place In Secure And Private Workloads With New z15 Platform

In the world of computers, one of the oldest and best-known in the industry is the IBM mainframe, which has existed since the 1960s. This week IBM unveiled the latest addition to its Z mainframe portfolio, a new platform called the “z15”, which was designed with data privacy, security and hybrid multicloud in mind. Let’s take a closer look at the offering, and what it means for IBM’s play for a seat at the secured hybrid cloud table.  

IBM Galvanizes Its Place In Secure And Private Workloads With New z15 Platform

and we have one sitting in the machine-room less than 50 feet away from where I'm sitting right now ....

To say I'm excited is an under-statement .....

More to follow .....

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...