Wednesday, 18 July 2018

Learning something new every day .... Where's my WAS Admin Console stuff for BPM ?

So today I'm working with a client to deploy IBM BPM Standard 8.6 alongside IBM Master Data Management 11.6, to leverage the Data Stewardship capabilities that the BPM/MDM tie-up offers.

In brief, this means that I'm installing the BPM binaries into an existing installation of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 8.5.5.13, which is hosting the MDM environment ( Deployment Manager, Node Agent and Application Server/Cluster ).

However, when I created the BPM Deployment Environment, using BPMConfig.sh, I'm specifying to use DIFFERENT WAS profiles, leaving the MDM stuff well alone.

So, for no obvious reason, I hit a small glitch with my Deployment Manager, having built the BPM Deployment Environment.

Whilst I can start/stop things, run up the Process Center/Portal/Admin UIs etc., I'm unable to see  the BPM-related capabilities within the Deployment Manager ( Integrated Solutions Console ), such as: -




etc. even though the ISC *DID* show BPM as being installed : -


( ignore the version in this example; I've got 8.5.6 on my VM, but 8.6.0 on the customer's environment )

I also checked that the profile was properly augmented: -

cat /opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/properties/profileRegistry.xml
 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><profiles>
    <profile isAReservationTicket="false" isDefault="true" name="Dmgr01" path="/opt/ibm/WebSphereProfiles/Dmgr01" template="/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/management">
        <augmentor template="/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/BPM/BpmDmgr"/>
    </profile>
    <profile isAReservationTicket="false" isDefault="false" name="AppSrv01" path="/opt/ibm/WebSphereProfiles/AppSrv01" template="/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/managed">
        <augmentor template="/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/BPM/BpmNode"/>
    </profile>


but to no avail.

More weird, I received something similar to this: -

ServletWrappe E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper service SRVE0014E: Uncaught service() exception root cause /com.ibm.ws.console.servermanagement/addPropLayout.jsp: com.ibm.websphere.servlet.error.ServletErrorReport: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key "addprops.category.label.businessintegration"

when I attempted to navigate here: -


and the right-hand side of the page merely contained that exception.

Thankfully this post had the answer: -


specifically this bit: -

3) run the command to restore admin console application: [Dmgr profile]/bin/iscdeploy.sh -restore
...

So I did the needful: -

/opt/ibm/WebSphereProfiles/Dmgr01/bin/iscdeploy.sh 

having shut down ALL the JVMs, and magically it fixed the problem.

I'm not sure how I got here, but glad I found a fix.

Thanks, Internet, you rock !



No comments: