Monday 3 August 2020

More 4K fun

Picking up on my earlier theme: -


I replaced the Anker USB C Hub Adapter that I'd been using since I got this MacBook Pro in late 2018, with a uni USB C to DisplayPort Cable and found that Quartz Debug showed an increase in my Frames Per Second (FPS) figure from: -

to: -


Now I can't say that the problem was definitely with the Anker hub; it may have been with the HDMI cable that I was using betwixt the hub and the monitor BUT I did try two different HDMI cables, one of which came with the monitor itself.

Either way, I'm pleased with the outcome - even though I don't specifically need 60 FPS, given that I'm not creating video content or developing/playing games on this Mac - I spend most of my time in Terminal ......

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...