Friday 5 November 2021

There's a hole in my bucket - IBM Cloud Object Storage

Whilst trying to create a Storage Bucket within my IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) instance: -

ic cos bucket-create --bucket abcd321s

I saw this: -

FAILED

InvalidLocationConstraint: Invalid provisioning code.  Container storage location not deployed

status code: 400, request id: ff7e511d-87d4-4a65-b20c-8a35e268ce73, host id: 

I suspected my configuration, specifically the Service Endpoint for COS: -

ic cos config endpoint-url --list

Key                  Value   
ServiceEndpointURL   s3.us-south.cloud-object-storage.appdomain.cloud   

Looking at Endpoints and storage locations and given that I'm targeting the EU-DE region, I took a guess that having us-south wasn't ever gonna work.

Therefore, I cleared the current setting: -

ic cos config endpoint-url --clear

and validated the clearing: -

ic cos config endpoint-url --list

Key                  Value   
ServiceEndpointURL      

and set it to eu-de: -

ic cos config endpoint-url --url s3.eu-de.cloud-object-storage.appdomain.cloud

OK
Successfully updated service endpoint URL.

and validating the setting: -

ic cos config endpoint-url --list

Key                  Value   
ServiceEndpointURL   s3.eu-de.cloud-object-storage.appdomain.cloud   

and then retried the bucket creation: -

ic cos bucket-create --bucket abcd321s

OK
Details about bucket abcd321s:
Region: eu-de
Class: Standard

Yay!

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...