Thursday, 16 October 2008

Updating the iPod Touch

Back in September, I blogged about the error messages that I was seeing when I tried to update my iPod Touch to the most recent software level ( 2.1 ).

I was getting errors 1602, 1604 and 2002, despite plugging/unplugging, booting/rebooting, installing/reinstalling etc. I'd tried most everything, but nothing seemed to work.

Last night, I cracked it - following a blog post, I temporarily disabled my Symantec Anti-Virus ( File System Auto-Protect ) and Symantec Client Firewall. This allowed me to restore the iPod to the v1.x software stack. I tried the v2.1 update again this AM, and it failed - again, I disabled firewall and anti-virus, and ..... voilá it worked.

Not sure whether I did need to disable both or one of the Symantec services, but it worked, it worked, it worked.

PS In case it helps, I'm running iTunes 8.0.1.11 on Windows XP SP2

No comments: