Friday 31 October 2008

Ubuntu 8.10 ( Intrepid Ibex ) and VMware Workstation

Just tried to install VMware Workstation 6.5 ( VMware-Workstation-6.5.0-110068 to be precise ) onto my freshly squeezed installed Ubuntu 8.10 machine, and hit a nasty surprise. In essence, the script that runs when you first run VMware ( used to be called vmware-config.pl ) failed to run with a "File not found" error. I did a quick Google, and found this known Ubuntu bug.

In essence, it directed me to download a new build of VMware Workstation, build 118166, from here.

Once done, alle es goede.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thx I spent two hours this morning before giving up.

John Ortiz Ordoñez said...

Hi! I have problems with VMware-Workstation-6.5.0-118166.i386.bundle. Sometimes the laptops does not response when I activate a virtual machine. Bye!

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...