Saturday, 16 March 2013

Problems with IBM Business Process Manager ( Business Space ) following 8.0.1.1 upgrade


Using a clean installation of BPM Advanced 8.0.1.0, with an existing profile, I installed the 8.0.1.1 fixpack.

All appears to be OK, apart from BusinessSpace, which, merely shows the spinny wheel of death of Mashups pages in Chrome and Firefox: -


when hitting: -


then authenticating ( as tw_admin ), and then being redirected to: -


with the following in SystemOut.log ( WebApp cluster ): -

[3/15/13 5:46:27:886 EDT] 0000002f servlet       I com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper init SRVE0242I: [BSpaceEAR_PCSR01.WebApp] [/BusinessSpace] [URIRouterServlet]: Initialization successful.
[3/15/13 5:46:28:187 EDT] 0000002f ControllerSer I com.ibm.mm.framework.rest.next.servlet.ControllerServlet logException A checked exception of type [com.ibm.mm.framework.rest.next.exception.LocalizedIOException] occurred during the resolution process, do not log the exception trace to avoid log file spamming. Enable trace logging for [com.ibm.mm.framework.rest.next.exception.ExceptionHelper=all] to log the exceptions. The exception message was: [404: Space not found.]
[3/15/13 5:46:28:189 EDT] 0000002f srt           W com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse addHeader SRVE8094W: WARNING: Cannot set header. Response already committed.
[3/15/13 5:46:28:189 EDT] 0000002f srt           W com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse addHeader SRVE8094W: WARNING: Cannot set header. Response already committed.
[3/15/13 5:46:28:822 EDT] 0000002f ControllerSer I com.ibm.mm.framework.rest.next.servlet.ControllerServlet logException A checked exception of type [com.ibm.wps.resolver.servlet.exceptions.SAXIOException] occurred during the resolution process, do not log the exception trace to avoid log file spamming. Enable trace logging for [com.ibm.mm.framework.rest.next.exception.ExceptionHelper=all] to log the exceptions. The exception message was: [400: Illegal character in authority at index 7: http://{com.ibm.bspace}mmServerRootId/widget-catalog/templateLayout.xml?pragma=cache&max-age=1209600&cache-scope=public&vary=none&user-context=false]
[3/15/13 5:46:28:823 EDT] 0000002f srt           W com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse addHeader SRVE8094W: WARNING: Cannot set header. Response already committed.
[3/15/13 5:46:28:825 EDT] 0000002f srt           W com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse addHeader SRVE8094W: WARNING: Cannot set header. Response already committed.
[3/15/13 6:09:55:676 EDT] 00000030 ControllerSer I com.ibm.mm.framework.rest.next.servlet.ControllerServlet logException A checked exception of type [com.ibm.wps.resolver.servlet.exceptions.SAXIOException] occurred during the resolution process, do not log the exception trace to avoid log file spamming. Enable trace logging for [com.ibm.mm.framework.rest.next.exception.ExceptionHelper=all] to log the exceptions. The exception message was: [400: Illegal character in authority at index 7: http://{com.ibm.bspace}mmServerRootId/widget-catalog/templateLayout.xml?pragma=cache&max-age=1209600&cache-scope=public&vary=none&user-context=false]

I tried to fix the problem, by editing: -

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/PCN1Profile/BusinessSpace/PCSR01.WebApp/mm.runtime.prof/public/oobLoadedStatus.properties

from: -

#Fri Mar 15 05:35:38 EDT 2013
importTemplates.txt=false
importSpaces.txt=true
importThemes.txt=false

to: -

#Fri Mar 15 05:35:38 EDT 2013
importTemplates.txt=true
importSpaces.txt=true
importThemes.txt=true

fully synchronizing the nodes, and then restarted the WebApp cluster.

This made no difference.

Thankfully, via my extended network, I was referred to the newly minted installation instructions for the fix pack: -
from whence I realised that I'd missed a few steps in the process.

This is what I did: -

Stop Deployment Manager

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/PCDMProfile/bin/stopManager.sh

Stop Node Agent

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/PCN1Profile/bin/stopNode.sh

Upgrade the Cluster Members

$ cd /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/bin
$ ./ws_ant.sh -f ../util/BPMProfileUpgrade.ant -profileName PCDMNODE -Dupgrade=true -Dcluster=PCSR01.AppTarget
$ ./ws_ant.sh -f ../util/BPMProfileUpgrade.ant -profileName PCDMNODE -Dupgrade=true -Dcluster=PCSR01.Messaging
$ ./ws_ant.sh -f ../util/BPMProfileUpgrade.ant -profileName PCDMNODE -Dupgrade=true -Dcluster=PCSR01.Support
$ ./ws_ant.sh -f ../util/BPMProfileUpgrade.ant -profileName PCDMNODE -Dupgrade=true -Dcluster=PCSR01.WebApp

Bootstrap AppTarget cluster DB

$ cd ../profiles/PCDMProfile/bin/
$ /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/PCDMProfile/bin/bootstrapProcessServerData.sh -clusterName PCSR01.AppTarget

Re-edit the BusinessSpace theme properties file

$ vi /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/PCN1Profile/BusinessSpace/PCSR01.WebApp/mm.runtime.prof/public/oobLoadedStatus.properties

from: -

importTemplates.txt=false
importSpaces.txt=true
importThemes.txt=false


to: -

importTemplates.txt=true
importSpaces.txt=true
importThemes.txt=true


Start the Node Agent

$ /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/PCN1Profile/bin/startNode.sh

Start the Deployment Manager

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/PCDMProfile/bin/startManager.sh

Start the clusters ( via the WAS ISC )

Once all four clusters were back up and running, I logged in to BusinessSpace, and it's looking exactly as it should: -


I hadn't yet created any spaces, so there's nowt much to see :-)

Sorted :-)

No comments: