Tuesday, 10 November 2015

What we've got here is a failure to communicate - SSLC0008E: Unable to initialize SSL connection

I kept seeing this: -

[10/11/15 17:45:31:220 GMT] 000000c9 SSLHandshakeE E   SSLC0008E: Unable to initialize SSL connection.  Unauthorized access was denied or security settings have expired.  Exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

[10/11/15 17:55:31:242 GMT] 000000c9 SSLHandshakeE E   SSLC0008E: Unable to initialize SSL connection.  Unauthorized access was denied or security settings have expired.  Exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?        

[10/11/15 18:05:31:250 GMT] 000000c8 SSLHandshakeE E   SSLC0008E: Unable to initialize SSL connection.  Unauthorized access was denied or security settings have expired.  Exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

[10/11/15 18:15:31:255 GMT] 000000c8 SSLHandshakeE E   SSLC0008E: Unable to initialize SSL connection.  Unauthorized access was denied or security settings have expired.  Exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

every ten minutes or so, in the SystemOut.log file of my Deployment Manager.

This after I've moved everything in the WAS cell to use an Active Directory CA-signed SSL certificate.

I saw this Technote: -


which, whilst referencing an iFix that I already have, made me think about the Node Agent.

When I looked at the Node in the DM's Integrated Solutions Console, I saw: -


I had to manually kill the Node Agent, and forcibly resynchronise it with the cell: -

/opt/ibm/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/bin/syncNode.sh `hostname`

After I did this, and restarted the Node Agent, the message continued to pop up ...

I've restarted BOTH the Deployment Manager and the Node Agent, and will keep an eye ( or two ) on it ....

No comments: