Wednesday 29 November 2017

IBM UrbanCode Deploy - Where do your agents come from ?

I had a bit of a brain fade today, trying to work out from where to download the Agent code for IBM UrbanCode Deploy (UCD).

I'm using the latest UCD 6.2.6, and have the server up-and-running.

Now I want to pop an agent onto a target box ….

I looked at the downloads on the IBM website ( as an IBMer, we have an internal equivalent of Passport Advantage ), so I was looking at this: -

IBM UrbanCode Deploy 6.2.6 Multiplatform Multilingual eAssembly (CJ2BYML)

which includes: -

IBM UrbanCode Deploy 6.2.6 Multiplatform Multilingual (CNM8JML )

which I'd used to install the UCD Server: -

and this: -

IBM UrbanCode Cloud Agent Packages 6.2.6 Multiplatform Multilingual (CNM8PML )

about which I wasn't so sure ( apart from that it's a 2 GB download ! )

Thankfully, the IBM Knowledge Centre came to my rescue: -


which said, in part: -


so I hit up my UCD Server: -


to get this: -

I grabbed the URL of the Agent: -


and pulled this onto the box: -


and installed the agent: -

/tmp/ibm-ucd-agent-install/install-agent.sh 

into: -

/opt/ibm/UCD/agent/

so that's all good then :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...