Thursday 10 July 2008

Isn't it nice when stuff just works ...

For those of you who have followed this blog over the past few months
will know that I've been moving to Linux as my primary desktop OS,
albeit on a Thinkpad.

Well, I'm finding that I'm spending more and more time in Linux, with a
corresponding decrease in the amount of time I spend using Windows.

There are still a few things that I need Windows for, but the list is
shrinking.

As of right now, I'm running Hardy Heron, and am writing this blog post
using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14. I'm connected via a Vodafone 3G card, using
their beta drivers - configuring the latter was a moment's work ( I just
needed to nab the APN username and password from my Windows boot ).

I'm also running Lotus Notes 8.0.2 (beta), connected via Lotus Mobile
Connect 6.1.1.0, to get my work mail.

I've also got the beta of VMware Workstation 6.5 for those absolutely
crucial Windows applications ( with a nice little WinXP VM ) and am also
using Skype to "phone home".

All in all, I'm a happy bunny ...

Now does this mean that I don't really need a Mac ? Probably not but
want trumps need.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...