Sunday 27 July 2008

Problems with Windows Update - SORTED

During the final shake-down of a "reconditioned as new" PC at the weekend, I was very frustrated to find that Windows Update refused to, er, Update Windows. I got no obvious error message; it would list the fixes, and then simply fail to install them.

As always, Google had the answer, Google is my friend. I dug around and found this: -

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3308206&SiteID=17

In essence, after installing Service Pack 3, there seems to be a problem with the module C:\Windows\System32\Wups2.dll.

It's necessary to re-associate this module with C:\Windows\System32\Regsvr32.

Once done, Windows Update runs without problems.

Now isn't it nice when stuff (almost) works.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...