Sunday 21 September 2008

Cracked ? Suspend/Resume on Thinkpad T60p using Ubuntu "Hardy Heron" 8.04

I *think* I've cracked it - having rebuilt my T60p ( 2007-AE7 ) a few weeks back, I wasn't able to get suspend / resume to work. To be more specific, suspend works OK, but the laptop wouldn't properly resume - blinkenlights etc. but nowt on the display.

After some Googling, I made a few changes to /etc/default/acpi-support - from: -

POST_VIDEO=true
# RADEON_LIGHT=true
# DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH=true
ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=false

to: -

POST_VIDEO=false
RADEON_LIGHT=true
DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH=true
ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=true

Of all the changes, the DOUBLE_CONSOLE_SWITCH one appeared to do the trick, but it may well be a combination of all four.

When I suspend, I use the [FN][F4] combination, rather than that the Gnome Log Out button.

I'll keep playing and see how consistent the "fix" is......

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...