Friday 12 June 2009

Customising Finder in OSX

Following a challenge from a friend, I found these two terminal commands that modify the way that Finder works, in terms of displaying hidden files and showing the path: -

Show hidden files

- Open a terminal session ( press CMD + SPACE together, enter the command "terminal" and then press ENTER )
- Type "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE" and press ENTER
- Type "killall Finder" and press ENTER

Show path names

- Open a terminal session ( press CMD + SPACE together, enter the command "terminal" and then press ENTER )
- Type "defaults write com.apple.finder _FXShowPosixPathInTitle -bool YES" and press ENTER
- Type "killall Finder" and press ENTER


No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...