Thursday 21 February 2013

10 New Theming Powers in WebSphere Portal 8.0.0.1

I saw this on Cody Burleson's blog, and wanted to re-share it here, even though I don't work with WebSphere Portal as much as I did when I was with ISSC ( now being an ISSW kid instead ): -

As you may know by now, WebSphere Portal 8.0.0.1 released recently with a handful of exciting new features. With them are ten new concepts related to theming, which have been documented in the WebSphere Portal family wiki.

Knowledge is power, so feast your brain on these brand new articles from the IBM doc team…

Theme Concepts

• Adding new content categories from an outside component

Modules

• Overriding dynamic spots with a module

Styles and Layout

• Adding new styles or layouts from an outside component
• Relative width CSS classes for theme layouts

Menus

• Adding a menu item with a module

Mobile

• Mobile navigation
• Using standard portal pages with mobile devices
• Relative width CSS classes for theme layouts
• Device classes for developers
• Define a resource for a specific device class

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...