Wednesday 18 December 2013

Suppressing HTTP headers from WebSphere Application Server

Following on an earlier post: -


I've had a request to suppress the version of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) being returned from, in this case, an IBM BPM environment.

I've documented the process on Slideshare here: -


In short, it involves setting one or other of the following custom properties: -

ServerHeaderValue – Allows Server Header to be set to a custom string
RemoveServerHeader – Allows Server Header to be completed removed

at the Web Container layer within the WAS configuration.

Hope this is of some help.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...