Friday 6 December 2013

WebSphere Portal 6.0 - "Domain jcr is wrong"

One of my former colleagues, from the IBM Software Services for Collaboration (ISSC) team pinged me on Sametime yesterday, asking a question about WebSphere Portal 6.0 - which is, for me, a definite blast for past ( circa 2006 ): -

I have a portal 6.0 question - we get an error after updating wpconfig_dbdomain.properties for oracle to point to a jcr db we copied from another server.  

we just edited the properties file then ran connect-database-validate-jcr and it ended as "domain jcr is wrong". No idea where it is getting stuck.  

That didn't strike any chords with me, and I asked whether the error message was written correctly, as I couldn't find any reference to similar problems online, including the IBM Problem Management Report (PMR) database.

She kindly responded later in the day with the solution, as she'd discovered a similar issue in a developerWorks forum article: -


where the original poster was seeing: -

file:../config/actions/validation.xml:160: Wrong usage of the sqlproc task! - wrong dbtype: db2

The most excellent Hunter Tweed responded: -

This message usually means one of the required properties in wkplc_comp.properties or wkplc_dbtype.properties is missing. The typical cause here is if it's been accidentally erased from the file or commented out.

which led my colleague, Amy, to the resolution.

She subsequently posted: -

Hi - we had a similar issue with the error being returned "file:../config/actions/validation.xml:127: Wrong usage of the sqlproc task! - domain jcr is wrong"

We finally figured out what the problem was:  In wpconfig_dbdomain.properties, we had "Jcr.DbSchema=xxxx" rather than "jcr.DbSchema=xxxx" and as soon as we switched to lower case jcr, it was fine!

Bottom line; the parameter jcr.DbSchema=xxxx had been written as Jcr.DbSchema=xxxx :-)

Thanks to Amy for demonstrating the power of collaboration :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...