Thursday 26 October 2017

IBM API Connect - Debugging

This is another of those work-in-progress posts, but I'm hitting an issue testing an API that I've created using IBM API Connect 5.0.7.2.

I've developed the API using an existing Web Service running on IBM Bluemix ( it's actually the IBM ODM Rules Service ), and this is a long-used Hello World Rule that I created a few years ago ( I even have a post or two for that ).

I


During the debugging phase, I wanted to check the logs that the API Manager ( aka Cloud Manager Console - CMC ) was producing.

I'm logged into the CMC via SSH: -

ssh admin@management

and am watching the CMC logs go by: -

debug tail file /var/log/cmc.out

...
2017-10-26 13:43:02.666 SEVERE [T-2226] [com.ibm.apimgmt.exception.APIGenericException$Serializer.serialize] Error(59f1e666e4b07d97f084e8ff), Http-Code(401), Message(The HTTP request requires user authentication. Please repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field.), User(), Path(get:/catalogs/59f1e293e4b07d97f084e7fd/webhooks)

I realised that, during the API Assembly phase, I'd NOT specified the credentials that the ODM Rule Service requires.

I fixed this by selecting the Proxy component in my assembly diagram: -


and entering the credentials: -


This has got me further forward ….

… it's still not working, but I suspect that's a problem between the API Manager and the DataPower Gateway ….

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...