Friday 12 July 2019

Intro Guide to Dockerfile Best Practices

Not sure how I found this ( it MAY have been Twitter ), but this is rather useful: -

Intro Guide to Dockerfile Best Practices

especially whilst I've been automating the build of Docker images via Jenkins pipelines.

Definitely a few tips to try, such as: -

Tip #4: Remove unnecessary dependencies

Remove unnecessary dependencies and do not install debugging tools. If needed debugging tools can always be installed later. Certain package managers such as apt, automatically install packages that are recommended by the user-specified package, unnecessarily increasing the footprint. Apt has the –no-install-recommends flag which ensures that dependencies that were not actually needed are not installed. If they are needed, add them explicitly.

Go read !

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...