Thursday 25 July 2019

Python - Yet another way to learn ... Edublocks

I heard about this on this week's Digital Planet podcast, and it struck a chord, in part because I've struggled with Python in the past: -

Tech4GoodAwards

Joshua LoweEduBlocks

Finalist category: BT Young Pioneer

So, what exactly is Edublocks, it’s a drag and drop version of the computer coding language Python 3, which allows students to learn the Python syntax with minimal errors, allowing younger children to access Python. This is something that proves a problem around the world, especially in the UK since the introduction of the new computing curriculum back in 2014. The aim of Edublocks is to remove the barriers faced when making the transition from block based programs like Scratch, to the text-based language Python, easier for students and teachers, as presently there is no drop-in solution that bridges this gap.

Something at which to look ......

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...