Wednesday 6 October 2021

Word to the wise - check your serial

I'm transitioning from an iPhone 8 Plus to an iPhone 13, and had wiped the older phone ( having remembered to turn off Find My... and also log out from iCloud ).

All was good, and the new iPhone 13 is oh-so-shiny; I'm a very happy camper ...

However, as I'm handing down the older model to a family member, I wanted to go get the battery replaced.

The Apple site asks, perhaps quite wisely, for a serial or an International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number.

Try getting that from the Settings page on a wiped, yet-to-be-setup iPhone ...

Thankfully, this article had the answer: -

Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch


It's on the SIM tray; just grab a handy paperclip, and you're good to go !

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...