Tuesday 26 October 2021

Podman and IBM Container Registry - there's more ...

Following on from my most recent Podman-related posts I'm creating an image to test my RedHat OpenShift Kubernetes Service (ROKS) deployment.

Given that I'm living in the IBM Cloud CLI, I thought I'd try the ic cr command-line: -

ic cr build --no-cache de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest --file Dockerfile .

FAILED

The 'build' command is deprecated, you must specify the --accept-deprecation option to use this command. For more information see: https://www.ibm.com/cloud/blog/announcements/ibm-cloud-container-registry-deprecating-container-builds

Aw shucks, of course ...

Thankfully, I have Podman ...

podman build --no-cache -t de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest -f Dockerfile .

and then, having created myself a namespace in ICR: -

ic cr namespace-add roks_oct2021

I can push the image: -

podman push de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest

and we're off to the races ...

ic cr images

Listing images...


Repository                           Tag      Digest         Namespace      Created          Size    Security status   

de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world   latest   029263beb4d4   roks_oct2021   43 minutes ago   16 MB   No Issues   


OK

ic cr va de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest

Checking security issues for 'de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest'...

Image 'de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest' was last scanned on Tue Oct 26 12:36:34 UTC 2021
The scan results show that NO ISSUES were found for the image.

OK

ic cr va --extended de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest

Checking security issues for 'de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest'...

Image 'de.icr.io/roks_oct2021/hello_world:latest' was last scanned on Tue Oct 26 12:36:34 UTC 2021
The scan results show that NO ISSUES were found for the image.

OK

which is nice !

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...