Friday 14 January 2022

In other news, upgrading Bash

Following on from my earlier post: -

TIL: Suppressing Apple's "nagware" about ZSH 

reflecting the fact that macOS 12.1 Monterey still includes Bash 3.X: -

bash --version

GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin21)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

I noticed that one can use Homebrew to install Bash 5.X: -

brew install bash

which gives us: -

bash --version

GNU bash, version 5.1.16(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin21.1.0)
Copyright (C) 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...