Sunday 2 November 2008

Hah, Google has the answer, Google is my friend

Within a few minutes of my previous post, I think I've cracked the "wireless failing to resume after suspend" issue.

I chose Connection Information from within the Network Manager applet ( the thing that shows the active network connection on the top right-hand corner of the screen ). This showed me that I was using the ath_pci driver.

I Google'd for the search string "ath_pci 8.10" and, c'est voila, the second hit was the Ubuntu 8.10 release notes here.

Specifically, the release notes contained this section: -



Wireless doesn't work after suspend with ath_pci driver
Wireless devices that use the ath_pci kernel driver, such as the Atheros AR5212 wireless card, will be unable to connect to the network after using suspend and resume. To work around this issue, users can create a file /etc/pm/config.d/madwifi containing the single line:

SUSPEND_MODULES=ath_pci

This will cause the module to be unloaded before suspend and reloaded on resume.



I'll try this circumvention, and report back ....

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...