Sunday 2 November 2008

My thoughts about the BBC and the most recent events ...

No, no, no, not Jonathan Brand and Russell Ross, this is far far far more important.

I remember reading that there was going to be some kind of tie-up between the BBC and Canonical.

Well, I'd like to report that all is well; I should be able to play BBC iPlayer content via the Totem movie player, as per this and this.

Sadly, it's not quite that simple; I end up seeing: -

The program 'totem' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 46 error_code 11 request_code 140 minor_code 19)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;

when I attempt to access some content e.g. Radio 5 Live via the BBC playlist within Totem.

A quick dig around the 'net showed that this was some kind of memory issue or conflict between Totem, the ATI graphics card in my Thinkpad T60p and the Compiz plugin.

And, by the way, this is all the latest stuff .................

Still, mustn't grumble .............. oh well, just a bit. Grumble Grumble Grumble Mutter Mutter Darned Stoopid Totem Doh!

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...