Tuesday 2 December 2008

Send it now, darn it

A colleague asked me why Lotus Notes was no longer sending emails immediately when he was working from a replica copy of his mail file.

It was a most excellent question to which I didn't have an immediate answer. However, thanks to my social network ( actually knowing the man who knew and finding him on Sametime ), I was able to help solve it.

It turned out to be a location preference/setting, which can be set as follows: -

a) Choose File -> Preferences -> Locations
b) Edit the location that you usually use
c) Navigate to the Mail tab
d) Set "Transfer Outgoing Mail If X messages pending" to 1
e) Click OK to save the location change
f) Click OK to save the preference change

Hope this helps someone as it helped Mike and I

( with thanks to Chris for his most timely and excellent help )

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The 1 should be changed to a 0.

Dave Hay said...

Er, nope, it's definitely a 1. Not sure why t'other david thinks it should be zero but ...

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...