Wednesday 17 December 2008

Sun xVM VirtualBox - My First Few Hours ...

I installed VirtualBox using Synaptic on my Thinkpad T60p ( running Intrepid Ibex ) earlier today, and built my first Windows XP virtual machine. So far, so good.

Only one little niggle - USB support didn't work; I was getting

Failed to access the USB subsystem.

Could not load the Host USB Proxy Service (VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND). The service might be not installed on the host computer.

Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x00004005)

when I attempted to edit the virtual machine's configuration.

However, as usual, Google had the answer ( and is my friend ).

As per this post, there are some post-installation incantations that you need to run.

Once done, we're good to go.

Next, I'm going to install WebSphere Portal or, perhaps, Lotus Connections onto the VM and see how it performs ....

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...