In the words of Dr Cathy Ryan, "If you don't write it down, it never happened".
To paraphrase one of my clients, "Every day is a school day".
I do, I learn, I share
The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions, strategies or opinions.
My blog is PERSONAL, and is a repository of the stuff that I learn, play with, enjoy and want to share.
If you follow one of my tips, your mileage MAY well vary - Here be dragons :-)
Thursday, 1 October 2015
JSSL0080E: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException - The client and server could not negotiate the desired level of security
How does the song go ? "Oops, I did it again" ?
I'd previously blogged about this problem a few months back: -
( The Deployment Manager and two Node Agents were already running )
I then found that the nodes failed to connect to the Deployment Manager, and I saw: -
[30/09/15 15:42:21:934 BST] 000000c7 ORBRas E com.ibm.ws.security.orbssl.WSSSLClientSocketFactoryImpl createSSLSocket ProcessDiscovery : 0 JSSL0080E: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException - The client and server could not negotiate the desired level of security. Reason: Server chose TLSv1, but that protocol version is not enabled or not supported by the client. javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Server chose TLSv1, but that protocol version is not enabled or not supported by the client.
Using my prior experience, I immediately checked the security.xml file at the node level i.e. on each of the two nodes: -