Tuesday 14 September 2010

May you live in interesting times ( aka Delivering exceptional Web Experiences )

I know that that expression is supposedly a curse dating back to ancient China, but it normally reflects my status quo for which I'm extremely grateful.

I am very fortunate in that I have a great job, working for a fantastic company, with an extremely talented bunch of people, right around the world.

In the past week, I've been involved in a number of projects and activities, most of which fall into the category of my day job, as an infrastructure architect, working for IBM Lotus. I guess you could say that my/our role is to help our customers deliver exceptional web experiences ...

Looking at the next few days, there's a rather fascinating announcement coming down the line, about which I can't yet say too much, but it has the potential to change the way that IBM's customers can interact with their customers across the web, reflecting the sea change in the way that we all do business online today ( remembering that terms such as e-commerce and e-business may seem quite quaint now, but this evolution/revolution is only 10 or so years old ).

All I can say for now is, check out this teaser page -> www.ibm.com/software/info/northstar - and  follow these hashtags on Twitter - http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23ibmexperience and http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23lotusknows

Remember you don't actually need to sign up to use Twitter as a consumer - you only need an account if you wish to contribute, so you can "safely" follow those of us who spend our ( perhaps too much ) time on the tricksy little social site.

So, have a browse, and ( in less than two days time on September 16 ), I hope you'll be pleased with the results ...

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...