Wednesday 11 March 2009

WebSphere Portal Express 6.1.0.1 - My First Look ...

Just getting ready to go see a client tomorrow, and plan to use the updated version of WebSphere Portal Express, 6.1.0.1, which was shipped late last year.

I always create an unpack script to extract the content of the ZIP files, which always have unusual names, and this time is no exception.

Therefore, I created a batch file ( gosh, how long have I been creating batch files ? ) as follows: -

unzip   C1TQ3ML.zip -d c:\temp\W-Setup 
unzip   C1TQ5ML.zip -d c:\temp\W-1
unzip   C1HA1ML.zip -d c:\temp\W-2
unzip   C1U2VML.zip -d c:\temp\W-3
unzip   C1U2YML.zip -d c:\temp\W-4
unzip   C1U31ML.zip -d c:\temp\W-5
 
and use a command line extraction tool called UNZIP.EXE ( part of the PKWare ZIP/UNZIP suite ).

Will post an update once the installation is finished ....

In case it helps, the mapping between the file names and the directory names can be found in this IBM document here: -

Required CDs and downloadable images to install IBM WebSphere Portal Express V6.1.0.1

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...