Sunday 8 March 2009

WebSphere Portlet Factory and Domino Together

It's been a while since I did this from scratch, so I was stumped on Friday when I wasn't able to retrieve a list of Domino databases using the Domino Data Access builder in WebSphere Portlet Factory.

I'm using Domino 8.5 and WebSphere Portlet Factory 6.1.2, and was seeing: -



class com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRuntimeException: lotus.domino.NotesException
lotus.domino.NotesException
  Plug-in Provider:   IBM
  Plug-in Name:   WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer UI
  Plug-in ID:   com.bowstreet.designer.ui
  Version:   6.1.2
  
  NotesException: Could not open Notes session
....
  Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect Host: 192.168.137.128 Port: 63148  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 1  completed: No

I thought I'd already started the DIIOP task, but when I checked using NETSTAT -AON | FIND "LISTENING", I could NOT see anything listening on the default IIOP port of 63148.

I went back to the Domino console, entered the command LOAD DIIOP, and tried again.

This time, it worked OK.

I'd previously checked two other potential setup snafus: -

a) Current Server Document -> Internet Protocol -> HTTP -> Basics -> Host name(s) == needs to be set
b) Current Server Document -> Internet Protocol -> HTTP -> R5 Basics -> Allow HTTP clients to browse databases == Yes

This document on the IBM website was also of help, in reminding me of where I'd gone wrong :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...