Friday 7 May 2010

ADMG0007E: The configuration data type CellCompRegistryCollection is not valid.

Whilst adding the first of two nodes to a WebSphere Portal 6.1.5 cluster, I kept hitting 

ADMG0007E: The configuration data type CellCompRegistryCollection is not valid.

whilst running the task: -

./ConfigEngine.sh cluster-node-config-pre-federation -DWasPassword=passw0rd

 Following this developerWorks forum post: -


the response from Hunter Tweed with regard to the ConfigEngine.bat collect-files-for-dmgr process made me think; I realised that I'd previously gone through the steps to copy the required JAR and XML files from the portal node to the DM node but ....

I'd then removed/reinstalled WAS ND on the DM node, meaning that these changes had been lost.

I then re-copied the files across to the DM, but still saw the same exception :-(

I looked back through my notes from a previous clustering engagement, and realised that I had not restarted the DM node since adding the new JARs etc. which meant that the WAS classpath was out-of-date.

I stopped the DM, cleared the logs and restarted it again.

As I type, the cluster-node-config-pre-federation task has just completed.

Sweet as the proverbial nut .......

I'm also following Hunter's most excellent WebSphere Portal 6.1.5 / 6.1.0.3 clustering guide, which is available online here: -

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...