- Overview of IBM® Installation Manager and WebSphere Application Server V8.0 offerings
- Repositories concepts
- Overview of IBM Packaging Utility
- Creating an Enterprise Repository
- Creating Platform-Scoped Repositories
- Enterprise Repository Servers
- Tips for Installing Repositories
Wednesday, 10 October 2012
Managing Repositories for Installation of WebSphere Application Server V8
This post covers some information that I've found to be of use as I grow my understanding of the automation options around WebSphere Application Server (WAS) v8 and v8.5, and ties up with earlier posts re IBM Installation Manager and IBM Packaging Utility.
This PDF - Managing Repositories for Installation of WebSphere Application Server V8 - covers: -
and is part of a webcast series referenced by this Technote: -
I'm getting closer to a complete understanding of the solution, having managed to automate the installation of IBM Installation Manager on a remote server, using SSH to perform the silent installation, and then use Job Manager to deploy the Liberty Profile to that target box.
It's a learning curve, but I'm loving loving loving it.