Thursday 30 June 2016

My Cognos has fallen AGAIN and can't get up

We saw this problem: -

CAM-CRP-1280 An error occurred while trying to decrypt using the system protection key. Reason: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not properly padded 

again today, on another IBM Business Monitor 8.5.5.0 environment.

Again, it was due to our moving an AIX LPAR from one p780 server to another.

So there's something in Cognos that REALLY loves the underlying hardware, assumedly an AES encryption key.

Still, the solution was the same - force the Cognos configuration under Monitor to rebuild.

Thankfully, my previous blog post: -


helped immensely.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...