Thursday 3 June 2010

Lotus Connections 2.5.0.1 - Doing Business (Cards) with WebSphere Portal 6.1.5

Following my earlier post: -


the Lotus Connections Information Centre here: -


is quite correct; the URL Specification "merely" needs to be for the fully qualified hostname of ( in my case ) the HTTP load balancer that sits in front of the Connections cluster: -


Having made this change, updated styles.jsp for the stock Portal theme ( and remembered to change the theme for my test page to this, rather than the whizzy new Tab Menu - Page Builder theme via Edit Page Properties ), I still wasn't seeing business cards :-(

I was having another problem with Activities which had led me to look at the fact that my users don't currently have email addresses assigned in LDAP - it looks like the Business Card *AND* Activities functions ( as exposed via the stock portlets ) require this.

I asked my LDAP administrator to add a new user into the LDAP, with the mail attribute populated to a real email address.

Again, no dice.

Final thing - the aforementioned LC Information Centre also states: -

Ensure that the ibm-primaryEmail attribute for WebSphere Portal is mapped to the proper e-mail attribute in your LDAP server. Refer to the topic, Mapping LDAP attributes, in the WebSphere Portal Information Center.

This prompted me to check the WebSphere Identity Manager (WIM) configuration file: -

/opt/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/config/cells/cmwputCell01/wim/config/wimconfig.xml

and, lo and behold, there was no mapping between the LDAP mail attribute and the ibm-primaryEmail attribute that the Business Card code was looking for.

I added the mapping into WIM as follows: -

a) Backup and edit wkplc.properties amending the lines: -

federated.ldap.attributes.mapping.ldapName=mail
federated.ldap.attributes.mapping.portalName=ibm-primaryEmail

b) Run the ConfigEngine script: -

./ConfigEngine.sh wp-update-federated-ldap-attribute-config -DWasPassword=passw0rd

monitoring for "BUILD SUCCESSFUL"

c) Validate by checking ConfigTrace.log for: -

[wplc-modify-ldap-attribute-config] UpdateAttMapping ibm-primaryEmail to mail in LDAPUT.
[wplc-modify-ldap-attribute-config] Config saved to /opt/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/config/../ConfigEngine/config/work/wimconfig.tmp
[wplc-modify-ldap-attribute-config] Status = Complete
     [echo] Check in modified wimconfig.xml
  [wsadmin] WASX7209I: Connected to process "dmgr" on node cmwputCellManager01 using SOAP connector;  The type of process is: DeploymentManager
  [wsadmin] vmmCheckIn start
  [wsadmin] Replace URI cells/cmwputCell01/wim/config/wimconfig.xml deleted.
  [wsadmin] Create URI cells/cmwputCell01/wim/config/wimconfig.xml
  [wsadmin] vmmCheckIn end
     [echo] Check in modified wimconfig.xml finished
Thu Jun 03 11:03:12 BST 2010
Target started: action-full-sync-nodes

d) Check wimconfig.xml which now contains: -

        <config:attributes name="mail" propertyName="ibm-primaryEmail">

Having done the above, I was able to log into Portal with a LDAP user that DOES have the mail attribute set and see the Business Card appearing as it should.

I also noted that the user with a valid email address appears with a slight underline ( dotted ) underneath their name, whereas users without email addresses have no such underline.

This is similar to the way in which the LiveText widgets work in Lotus Notes - the dotted underline indicates field(s) that do stuff when one hovers over them :-)

Activites is still causing me grief in the portlet - off to fix that now :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...