Friday 15 April 2011

Yet another in the series called "Now I did not know that" ... this time, Apple Mac OSX keyboard sequence to switch application context :-)

This is IMMENSELY useful for those of us using Lotus Notes with embedded Lotus Sametime.

I use Notes 8.5.3 and Sametime 8.5.2 on my Macbook Pro, and find it intensely annoying when the focus shifts from a Sametime chat window back to the main Notes client or, when I'm mid-way through a memo, the focus shifts back to another Sametime chat ( perhaps in a different Spaces perspective ).

Now, thanks to my pal, Dave Morrison, I've found the solution ......

Concurrently hit the [cmd] and [~] keys to switch focus/context between windows within the same application.

This works with Notes and Sametime ( w00t! ) but also works with my other favourite applications, including Mail, Firefox, Stickies, TextEdit, Terminal, iTunes etc. etc. etc.

Thanks, Dave, YOU ROCK :-)

2 comments:

The Turtle said...

It'd be much nicer if the OSX Notes client didn't try to grab focus a zillion times during its startup.

Dave Hay said...

@Turtle - true, hoping that they fix that at some point

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...