Wednesday, 2 May 2012
IBM WebSphere Portal 8 is Released
Well, technically it's announced, with electronic general availability (EGA) on Friday 4 May.
IBM WebSphere Portal V8.0 and IBM Web Experience Factory V8.0 deliver new capabilities for integrated social, contextual, and optimized multichannel online experiences
WebSphere Portal V8.0 new powerful Intelligent Pages bring together essential web experience capabilities that can help you:
• Deliver targeted content that is relevant and compelling to each user
• Go where your users are by providing rich experiences for content, applications, and processes from any device
• Deliver critical social services where they make the biggest impact, in the context of your web experiences
• Quickly and easily create and manage portal pages and content, allowing you to respond to rapidly changing business needs
• Gather real-time insight into web page and channel delivery, giving you the information you need to make informed business decisions
IBM Web Experience Factory V8.0, included with WebSphere Portal V8.0 and available separately, provides an exceptional development environment that helps you:
• Optimize mobile experiences, reducing reliance on bandwidth and improving responsiveness of mobile applications with new client side architecture
• Improve user experience on smartphones and tablets with new Dojo Mobile tooling for building engaging mobile experiences
• Improve developer productivity with new builders and development environment enhancements
IBM Web Content Manager V8.0 helps organizations to build engaging, personalized web experiences faster, by further empowering business users with the right tools needed to drive better business outcomes.
• Content Template Catalog: Expanded set of prebuilt, high-value content types enables users to create new microsites and web pages in minutes.
• Managed Pages: A new, contextually aware toolbar and enhanced project management feature makes it easier to create, approve, version, publish, and syndicate web content.
• Analytics overlays: In-context analytic overlays provide users with the real-time insight needed to improve conversion rates.
• Home page: New authoring start page provides a customizable and user-friendly view of frequent activities and tasks.
• Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) integration: New support for CMIS standard allows content authors to leverage documents and files from CMIS repositories directly from the authoring experience.
I know what I'll be downloading on Friday then ….