Wednesday 2 May 2012

Tips for Investigating Concurrency Issues in WebSphere Applications

I saw this in my inbox earlier today, from the WebSphere User Group via their most excellent The Sphere Journal Online publication: -

With the increasing core counts on modern machines, it becomes increasingly important to eliminate contention between threads within your applications whenever possible.  There are a number of tools and technologies that can help you identify contention in your WebSphereTM applications many of which are freely available. These include:

• Javacore analysis
• Health Center 
• Multicore SDK Unified Lock Profiler
• JavaTM Virtual Machine (JVM) Tool Interface (JVMTI)

In this article we introduce these technologies and provide some insight on how to use them in order to identify contention within your application.

You want to read more - so go here.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...