Monday 22 June 2015

No space at my table - IBM BPM and

I saw this earlier, whilst starting a Process Server instance, specifically the Integration Test Environment within IBM Integration Designer (IID): -

[22/06/15 14:37:33:359 BST] 00000069 SibMessage    E   [BPM.ProcessServer.Bus:Node1.server1-BPM.ProcessServer.Bus] CWSIS0002E: The messaging engine encountered an exception while starting. Exception: com.ibm.ws.sib.msgstore.PersistenceException: CWSIS1501E: The data source has produced an unexpected exception: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-1585, SQLSTATE=54048, SQLERRMC=null, DRIVER=4.11.69

I suspected that the root cause MAY have been insufficient disk space within the Windows VM.

However, clearing down disk space and restarting BPM didn't help.

Now, obviously I didn't think to restart DB2 ......

However, I did find this Technote: -


which, whilst NOT relating to IBM BPM etc., did say: -

Cause

The DB2 instance did not have all 4 sizes of Temp tablespace defined.

Resolving the problem

To resolve the issue, the DB2 instance must have all 4 sizes of Temp tablespace created: 4k, 8k, 16k, and 32k. In addition, these must be set as System Temp tablespaces, and not as User Temp tablespaces.

I did create a System Temporary Tablespace: -

db2 create system temporary tablespace tsp32k pagesize 32K

 and BPM started happily.

Next time around, I'll do some more digging in DB2 land, as the BPM Process Server build doesn't specifically request a TS of this nature/size.

Which is nice :-)

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...